About Us

History

The Elim Church in Camborne started on the 1st August 1948 after a tent campaign led by the Rev John Woodhead at the old Fair-field off Rectory Road. The church has sought to serve its members at various locations in Camborne including the DW Thomas Centre and the Community Centre. On ElimCamborne’s Golden Jubilee in 1998 the Church opened its present venue at Dolcoath Drive and a new era for the Church was commenced. During 2015 the Kerrier Way link road to Tolvaddon was completed and ElimCamborne  became clearly visible on this new highway across the road, close to the Council Offices.

Elim was founded in 1915 by the Rev George Jeffreys, a young Christian from Maesteg in South Wales. Jeffreys and a group of friends, known as the Elim Evangelistic Band, preached, started churches and witnessed a move of God that was characterised by miraculous healings and an explosion in the number of people becoming Christians. There are nearly 600 Elim Churches in the UK and thousands more in many countries worldwide.

We recently enjoyed Elim’s 2015 International Centenary Celebrations. You can find further details of Elim’s history by following the link on the “Our Links” page to Elim’s national Website.

Links to Elim’s National Websites:-

Links to other Elim Churches in Cornwall:-

Links to ElimCamborne Members interests:-